So you’re considering a nose job in Toronto but you want to make sure that you’re in good hands and choose the best surgeon for you. Especially when it comes to your face, you must be willing to find the best. So, how can you tell? What should you research? There are many plastic surgeons in Toronto. How do you find the best rhinoplasty Toronto has to offer?
Your Checklist For Picking The Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon
First thing, assess the surgeon for their experience and expertise. Ask the following questions.
Much of this information may be available on the surgeon’s website or by calling the clinic.
- Are you board-certified in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, and Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Do you specialize in rhinoplasty? Rhinoplasty is the most challenging plastic surgery procedure. It’s important that your surgeon makes rhinoplasty the main focus of his or her practice.
- Do you teach in your specialty? How many years of experience do you have?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations? Active professionals join professional organizations. Find out if your surgeon is a member of the American or Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or other distinguished establishments.
- What are your specific areas of surgical expertise? You are looking for a surgeon who considers themself a rhinoplasty / nose job expert. You are looking for your surgeon to be doing rhinoplasty at least 60% of the time. Are they involved in research and the growth of knowledge around rhinoplasty or pioneering new techniques.?
- How many times have you performed the procedure I need in the past twelve months? There is a direct correlation between how often a surgeon operates and positive outcomes. The higher, the better.
- How many years have you been performing this surgery, and how many times have you done this surgery? This is another check on frequency and experience. Higher numbers are better.
- What is your revision rate? You are looking for a low number here between 5%-10% . This is the general average for nose surgeries.
- Ask to see before and after photos. Do the doctor’s results excite you or worry you?
Most rhinoplasty surgeons will have examples of their work on their websites. They should have many more in their offices. Ask to see them. You can assess their work for yourself.
- Ask if you can talk to a few prior patients or see some reviews. Patients will let you know if this surgeon is caring, puts you first, and communicates well. They will tell you if they listen and act upon your concerns. Extremely happy patients will often post their positive reviews on Google or Social Media.
- Does this surgeon consider follow-up and post-care as part of their overall care plan? Your rhinoplasty is not done until the healing process has finished. Ask what the post-care and follow-up procedures are.
- Is the cost in line and competitive? Take a moment to check on average costs. Make sure they are in line with quotations from other surgeons with equal experience and board certifications.
A great source of information is former clients. Consider some of the following questions when you talk to the past patients or read through online reviews of your prospective surgeon. Did the surgeon:
- Listen to the patient?
- Provide detailed but understandable explanations for procedures?
- Explain the outcomes and what to expect post-op?
- Respect the patient’s preferences?
- Draw up a care plan that considers the patient’s personal and medical needs?
- Display a good understanding of the aesthetics of their work?
- Putting the health and well-being of the patient above their financial interests?
Considering Rhinoplasty Surgery in Toronto
If you are considering plastic surgery and rhinoplasty in particular, It would be best if you look around carefully and take your time to find the best fit for your personal goals and comfort level. Finding the best nose job Toronto has to offer will get you an exceptional board-certified facial plastic surgeon.
Toronto is the largest city in Canada and the fourth largest in North America. It is home to some of the finest hospitals in the world and has attracted some of the most recognized and distinguished plastic surgeons.
Get the Best with Dr. Richard Rival
Dr. Rival stands out among the best of the best when it comes to rhinoplasty in Toronto. He is a top specialist at the top of his game. He teaches at the University of Toronto and is the president of the Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
But, more importantly, Dr. Rival’s experience will get you the face you’re dreaming about. Book a consultation with Dr. Rival today. Get a glimpse of the new you and feel confident when meeting Dr. Rival at one of his Toronto area cosmetic surgery offices.